Do you remember my sibling quilt tops? Well, last week I got around to finishing the first top. It was my first quilt in three years and oh boy…it shows. Lots of puckering (up close) and other issues. So about half way in, I decided to make this quilt a practice piece (aka not a gift) and vowed to be more diligent with the second one.
Because it turned out to be a practice piece, I also tried a few new things, like variegated thread. I also tried a different method for putting the binding on (as suggested by the Missouri Star Quilt Company – watch their video here) and that worked great for me.
Overall, in material I spent about $20 on this quilt. The batting is fleece I got on sale, and the sash and backing fabric was also on sale. The top was all old shirts of my SO who didn’t fit them anymore.
I’m currently working on the sibling to this quilt. I’ll be more diligent so I can actually give it away as a gift.